SUP yoga teacher training
Become a Certified SUP YOGA Teacher!
2 payments of $375
3-Day Weekend Immersion Course:
- Learn how to create a Yoga Flow Sequence on the water with unique sequences by Elka Haeckel, developed and designed specifically for Paddle Board Yoga. Elka offers fresh and creative features throughout her training, including utilizing the paddle as a tool for finding balance on the board.
- Strengthen Paddle Boarding Skills: Learn how to stand up with confidence on the paddle board. Discover vital strokes for controlling speed and maneuvering with ease and grace.
- Discover Paddle Board History: Learn the history behind this unique water sport and uncover the materials used to make the boards.
- Understand Paddle Board Gear Requirements & SUP Yoga Preferences: Learn how to choose and utilize the correct boards for yoga. Discover the kind of gear to use to anchor students and instructors. Additionally, discover what gear is needed and legally required, as well as, what gear an instructor should always carry. You will also learn how to utilize this gear to always ensure the safety of your students.
- Discover vital tools for Creating your SUP YOGA Business: Learn the most effective methods for marketing your classes to the community. Learn the details of location permits and how to negotiate these permits. Also understand how to negotiate public and private property access and parking and water access. Additionally, you will learn essential information for pricing classes, taking payments on-site, liability insurance and waivers, and marketing and partnering with yoga studios and board rental shops. You will also discover vital tools for creating an online presence, including booking classes and registration, and creating a viral marketing movement using social media and more!
- Learn Water Safety and Rescue: Learn how to be prepared and confident and keep students safe at all times. Discover what to do in various situations that require your immediate and appropriate action. This includes the best methods for contacting help, rescuing a conscious and unconscious victim, safely maneuvering you and students through unexpected rough water, cold water, seasickness, heat stroke, etc.
- Discover the Joy of teaching SUP Yoga and how to create a successful Yoga on Water Experience!!
- Rental of paddle board, paddle, and life vest is included.
Ideally you are either a 200 hour RYT teacher through Yoga Alliance or plan to become one. Additionally, if you are not currently CPR and first aid certified, you need to plan on completing these courses to teach SUP Yoga. The World Paddle Association (WPA) Level 1 Instructor Certification is recommended but not required. After completing pierto point course, you will be eligible for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through YOGA ALLIANCE!